Sunday, May 31, 2009

Turkey Meatloaf and Leftovers!

I thought it might be best to start of the blog with a good hearty meal so I whipped up some Turkey Meatloaf.  It's actually really good, I would never have guessed that it's turkey - and so much better for you!
I got a recipe from Allrecipes awhile back and have modified it over time.  

Turkey Meatloaf (with my modifications)
1 lb ground turkey 
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 (1oz) packet dry onion soup mix
2/3 cup canned tomato soup (I use healthy request)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup bbq sauce (I use Rudy's and it really gives great flavor - if you haven't tried it you are missing out!)
3 tbsp worcestershire sauce

-Preheat oven to 350f
-Mix turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion soup mix, 1/3 cup of the tomato soup, 2 tbsp ketchup, 3 tbsp bbq sauce and 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce in a bowl.  Place in baking dish.
-In a separate bowl, mix remaining tomato soup, ketchup, bbq sauce and worcestershire sauce.  Set aside.
-Bake loaf for 45 minutes.  Remove, top with sauce, and let cook for another 15 minutes.
-Enjoy!



With just the two of us, this recipe always makes too much and I end up throwing some away no matter how hard we try to eat the leftovers.  I was inspired by my husband's BBQ Chicken Pizza that he had when we were out the other day and threw this together.



I just grabbed a pre-made crust at the grocery store, threw some more Rudy's bbq sauce on top, some cheese and crumbled up meatloaf.  Thumbs up all around!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Great start! That pizza looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! You need to have a link to The Woodland Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a NEAT idea to use leftovers like meatloaf as a pizza topping. I never thought of that...brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete