Sunday, June 7, 2009

Almond Crusted Tilapia

I am always trying to find new fun ways to cook Tilapia, because it is SO cheap!  This is one of my faves, I got it from Allrecipes, you can find the recipe here.  
Of course I'm not the best at following directions, so here is my modified version.

Almond Crusted Tilapia
2 eggs
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp garlic pepper
1/2 c almonds, sliced
1 c parmesan cheese, grated
3 tilapia filets (they were pretty small, so I made enough for each of us to have 1 1/2)
1/4 c flour
6 tbsp butter

-Beat the eggs in a bowl with the lemon pepper and garlic pepper.  Set aside.
-Grind almonds.  I prefer to toast my nuts (hehe), so after I grind the almonds I throw them in a skillet and toss them around for a few minutes until they brown up nicely.

I loooove my mortar and pestle

-Once cool, mix the almonds with 1/2 of your parmesan.  Set aside.
-Set up a dish with your flour, your egg mixture and your almond mixture in a row.  


-After washing and patting dry the filets, coat them in flour, dip them in the egg mixture (sometimes more than once to coat completely), and then press into almond mixture on both sides, making sure that the entire filet is covered.

I think these looked just as good uncooked as cooked!

-Melt your butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.  Brown the tilapia, 2-3 minutes on each side.  
-Reduce your heat to medium, sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the filets and cover for a few more minutes until the cheese melts.

Goodness, blogging about food makes me hungry!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish! Why wasn't I invited over for dinner??

    ReplyDelete